Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The "T" if you are wondering stands for testosterone. A few months back I was diagnosed with a very low testosterone count and an exceptionally unusual estrogen count. Interested? Yeah, so was I.

Back in September of 2010 I started to put weight on and really had no real motivation to work out anymore. At first I thought it was just a slump. Cara (my wife) and I just had a baby in July, my job sucked, and my dog was barking at anything, you know the normal things that get a man down. The stresses of everyday life, I had assumed, started to catch up with me, so I accepted it and decided to give myself a break. So I stopped running religiously, changed some of my dieting habits, and started to play a couple of video games. Well, needless to say, after two months I had put on twenty pounds! Haha. Looking at pictures of me was like watching the Slim Fast before and after commercials in reverse.

What was I gonna do? Start running again, ride my bike into my s#!tty job, kick the dog, and hire a nanny.... Well, a couple of those things I tried. No not the dog one and as for a nanny, I didn't need it, Cara is an amazing mother. But notice how I mentioned tried? I did try to run but every time I did, I would wake up and feel as if i ran a marathon. So I kept trying and really hard and never felt that way in my life. It was so depressing when I would step out the door and run half a block and physically/mentally not be able to complete what I had set out to do. I also tried to ride in to work but again ran straight into the wall of disturbing self pity and could not find it in myself the way I had used too .

It is really hard to describe what I felt, but my whole life I could recognize a challenge and usually conquer it. Even if I was worried or afraid or anything. In tense moments I could do what I needed to do and come out on top. (That's what she said.) It went from bad to even worse.

At first it felt like a mental block and then came the testicular pain. One fine December morning I was working next to my friend Josh and the next thing I know I had a pain in my groin as if he just kicked me. I didn't see him move and thought "Josh is no ninga" so what is going on. It wouldn't go away. I sat on a toilet seat, leaning up against a wall, praying that my right one would just pop off or something. The whole day it felt that way. Oh and did I mention I had a douche bag making fun of it all while I wanted to throw up?

Well this is a good beginning to the story. Do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment